Squeee! An award! Little ol me has been nominated for the Liebster award by the beautiful Maria over at Mummytologan
Now I’m very new to this, so let’s crack on with the rules…
Thank the person who nominated you – and display your award with pride
Answer the eleven questions put to you by the person who nominated you
List 11 random facts about yourself
Nominate and link to other bloggers that you think are deserving of this award
Give them 11 questions to answer and let them know they’ve been nominated!
My questions from Maria are:
1) What song is your most replayed song at the moment and why?
I don’t listen to music an awful lot, but I do always have Arctic Monkeys in the CD player in the car.
2) Do you have any tattoos? If so how many. If you don’t have any tattoos, would you consider getting any and what would it be?
I don’t have any tattoos but for years I have considered getting a small one on my wrist, although I’ve not decided what the tattoo would actually be yet!
3) You order a takeaway- what is your order?
Indian: Lamb Tikka Saag, Vegetable rice, Naan bread and popadoms with lashings of Mango chutney.
4) How many children do you have? Do you plan on having any more?
We have 2 biological children; Sebastien and Vivienne. Hubby and I are also Guardians to my teenage sister. We’re pretty sure our family is complete but still have the odd moment where we talk about having another (maybe in a few years!)
5) Are you going anywhere nice this year? If so where to?
I wish! Hubby is off to Belgium and France but we’ve not had a family holiday for ever! We’ve not even had a honeymoon.
6) What is your morning routine?
Demand hubby brings me tea in bed, get up, make the bed, get showered before the kids are up then give them breakfast whilst I have a coffee.
7) What is the first thing that you notice when meeting someone new?
Normally their accent or their hands. I’m naturally wary of people with a weak (or sweaty or limp) handshake too. (Ew!)
8) Do you have any pets? What are their names?
We have a Tortie cat called MissLucy it’s short for mischievous Lucifer
9) Who would you love to do collaborate with on a blog post?
I love Fran from Whinge whinge Wine, her posts are honest, relatable and very funny. Or Any bloggers that aren’t afraid to swear I can see myself getting on with!
10) What is the worst movie that you’ve ever seen?
Deep water I think it’s called some film about people lost in the ocean and surrounded by sharks. 10 minutes in I was just like “ugh. Can’t the sharks eat them already”
11) Your top 3 tips for a new blogger are?
Be true to you. Blog about things that inspire/amuse entertain you.
Decide what you want from your blog, and reach out to other bloggers to help you if you’re stuck!
Join in linkys to discover new blogs, take the time to read/comment and interact with those that inspire you and do not spend your time doing nothing but link dumping your feeds. If you don’t interact with others, chances are they won’t interact with you.
12) What is your favourite season and why?
Ahh. I think Autumn, but then I also love the heat and if we had proper hot summers I would say summer.
11 random facts about me (I’ll keep this short ish!)
1) I always order steak Blue, or rare if the restaurant don’t do Blue!
2) I used to have my nipple pierced but hubbby hated it (and no it has never been a problem with breastfeeding)
3) I always eat chips with mayonnaise.
4) I’m partially deaf.
5) I’m a control freak, but CBT is helping me a lot.
6) I used to own my own horse called Ronce (Bramble) he was part trotter part French Saddle Horse and had the attitude of a Thoroughbread. (He threw me off a lot!)
7) I used to work in a Bank
8) I don’t have a middle name.
9) I love wearing high heels although not practical when chasing the small people.
10) For a few years I didn’t own any jeans and almost always wore skirts and dresses. That all changed in pregnancy 3 years ago when I discovered the H&M maternity range . Now I love high waisted jeans!
11) I’m turning 30 this year!
Now for the questions for my lovely nominees. I nominate;
Leah from Mrsgamblegriggs
Andy from The debut Dad
Laura From Autumn’s Mummy
Jo from First Time Valley Mam
Do you have any piercings? If not, would you consider one?
If you could wake up tomorrow having gained one quality or ability, what would it be?
Why did you start a blog?
Mayonnaise or Ketchup?
Ski holiday or beach holiday? (With or without the kids!)
What is your biggest fear?
Do you drive? If so what do you drive? If not do you use public transport or lots of walking?
What was the last book you read?
Everyone has a favorite/least favorite post. Name yours and why?
What are you struggling with the most right now?
What was your first dance song? If you’re not married what is your “couple song”?
I just turned 30 myself, scary times haha.
Rosy | SparklesofLight76.blogspot.co.uk
LikeLiked by 1 person
30 is the new 21 right?! (Please say yes!)
Agree with your blogger tips ☘🎈
LikeLiked by 1 person
Loved this! I bloody love mango chutney – I literally throw it on my curry!
LikeLiked by 1 person
I do that too! It’s freaking amazing with the rice as leftovers too. (Who am I kidding! There are never any leftovers!!) thank you for reading 🙂 x